The whole world and its beings are for real, but there are several things that …
It is essential to have a nutritional diet for proper physical and mental health. A single food cannot provide you with proper amount of nutrients. By combining different groups of food, you can fulfill your body’s daily nutritional requirement.
There have been many discussions and arguments about nutritional diet, but no one is actually reached to a typical type of food that you may call The Smart Nutrition. However, here I discuss with you some of the exceptions that everyone actually knows and accept them:
1. Added Sugar evokes Disaster : Added sugar(sucrose and high fructose corn syrup) is simply a source of empty calories and it causes many harmful diseases which kill thousands of people every year. It is the main cause of cardiovascular diseases, type II diabetes. obesity and many more dangerous diseases that are now gaining attention.
Fructose is metabolized strictly by the liver over time, causing nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, insulin resistance, elevated triglycerides, abdominal obesity and high cholesterol. It also makes our brains resistant to a hormone called leptin, which effectively makes our brains want to get fat. This way, eating an excess of added sugar sets up a relentless biochemical drive in the brain to keep eating sugar, getting fatter and eating even more sugar.
2. Artificial Trans Fats are Unhealthy and Should be avoided : Trans fats are nothing but partially hydrogenated oils. They are made by mixing unsaturated fats with hydrogen gas at high heat to make them resemble saturated fats. They raise bad cholesterol and lower good cholesterol, causing abdominal obesity, inflammation and insulin resistance. Excess consumption of trans fats augments the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, hyper tension, depression and many more diseases.
These artificial trans fats are chemically processed fats which cause damage to your body. So, you should seriously avoid them.
3. There is no perfect diet for everyone : We are all unique and have our own style of living and eating habits. Some individuals live on low fat diet and others may do well with diet having high amount of carbohydrates. Each individual has different genetics, body type, environment and culture which surely affects to what type of diet you should have.
4. Omega-3 Fats are crucial and Most People don’t get enough : Omega-3 fatty acids are very important for proper functioning of the human body. It’s deficiency in body may cause to a lower IQ, heart disease, depression, mental disorders and many more serious diseases.
There are three main sources of Omega-3 fats… ALA (from plants mostly), DHA and EPA (from animals). The plant form, ALA, needs to get transformed into DHA or EPA in order to function properly in the human body.
DHA, an Omega-3 fatty acid derived from animals, makes up about 40% of the polyunsaturated fats in the brain. Therefore, it is best to get Omega-3 fats from animal sources… including fish, grass-fed meat, Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs, or fish oil.
5. Eating Vegetables improves your health : Vegetables are the best supplements for your good health. So, you should eat more n more veggies in your daily diet. They are rich in minerals, fiber, vitamins, antioxidants and innumerable nutrients. Eating vegetables daily results in an improved health and decreases the risk of falling ill. They add a variety to your diet and are fulfilling.
6. It is critical to avoid Vitamin D Deficiency : It is a Vitamin that actually functions as a steroid hormone in the body. Your skin gets Vitamin D when it is exposed to the ultraviolet rays from Sun. If you’re Vitamin D deficient, then you’re actually deficient in a major hormone in the body, and a deficiency is associated with many serious diseases, including diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis and others.
It is difficult to get enough Vitamin D from the diet. If you’re not able to get more sun-rays, take a Vitamin D supplement or a tablespoon of cod fish liver oil each day. This is the best way to prevent/reverse a deficiency.
7. Refined Carbohydrates are Bad For You : On processing the whole grains, we drain most of the nutrients and the only thing which is left is huge amount of glucose which is easily digestible. Consuming refined carbohydrates may cause to swift spike in blood sugar followed by a surge of insulin in the blood which triggers fat storage and contributes to insulin resistance and diseases like diabetes and obesity.
8. “Dieting” won’t work, Change Lifestyle : Dieting merely weakens your health system. Plan out a healthy diet instead of omitting whole meal. Dieting may give you short term good results but once you stop Dieting or start eating junk foods, you gain double that what you loosed. So, adopt a healthy and regular diet plan and follow it strictly.